Frequently Asked Questions
- Trees are blocking the light to our house /
particular rooms - how can the council help?
Trees will need to be inspected on an individual basis. For example, if the tree is touching the building then this counts as a service that we provide. However, we cannot prune trees solely from blocking the light.
- I would like to donate and plant a tree on my road, what is the process?
Please contact the tree officers.
- What is a TPO? / Does my tree have a TPO?TPO stands for Tree Preservation Order. Please see the TPO section.
- What is the advice regarding tree branches that are entangled in phone and cable lines?
We advise residents to check with their phone provider, i.e BT and ask for their assistance on the issue.
- Leaf/fruit fall/ bird dropping queries: l cannot
park my car on my drive-way, can the council help?
As a rule, we do not undertake pruning in these cases.
- You removed a tree on my road, when will it be
We are unable to provide an estimated date. However, the planting season starts around November each year. As a council, we understand the environmental benefits of planting more trees and last year we successfully planted over 300 trees in Harrow. We will always aim to replace any tree that is lost. In fact we are working towards increasing the number of trees in the borough.