What is the Children's Sensory Team?
The Children's Sensory Team supports children and young people with hearing impairment and/or vision impairment. It consists of qualified teachers with (or in training for) the additional mandatory qualifications in hearing impairment, vision impairment or multi-sensory impairment. Every teacher in the team has experience of working as a teacher in mainstream and special schools.
The team also includes:
- specialist teaching assistants, who work with children who are severely visually impaired, using Braille
- a resource co-ordinator who supports access to reading material in large print, tape and Braille
- a mobility officer who is employed to increase independence for children with a vision impairment in a variety of environments
- a sign language and communication tutor
- a technician for Audiology and FM (Radio Hearing Aids).
We work with children from birth to 25 years. We see children in their homes, nurseries and playgroup and then we work with them in schools.
For further information please see Harrow's Local offer.