About the service
The Special Educational Needs service works with families of children and young people, schools, and other agencies. We work to ensure that children and young people with special educational needs get the most out of their education and maximise their achievements.
Who is the service for?
- Children and young people up to 25 years old with special educational needs and their families who live in Harrow.
- Children with special educational needs who are looked after by Harrow Council.
- Children and young people with special educational needs which cannot reasonably be provided from within the resources normally available from mainstream early years settings, schools or post 16 colleges.
What we do
- Carry out the statutory process for an Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment.
- Monitor and review statements of Special Educational Needs (SEN) and EHC plans.
- Authorise transport requests for children and young people with special education needs.