What can I take to the recycling centre?
When you visit Harrow Recycling Centre, you’ll see that we separate items out by the following categories – each has its own place at the site. We accept:
- anything that would go in your blue bin – plastic, foil, paper, cardboard, cans and glass
- clothes and textiles (unwanted clothes that are still wearable should be donated to charity rather than thrown away)
- fluorescent tubes
- wood and timber
- car batteries
- all domestic batteries, such as AAA, AA, D, 9V
- cooking oils
- motor oil
- garden waste
- small electrical appliances like toasters, toothbrushes, irons and kettles
- large domestic appliances like cookers, fridges and washing machines
- TVs and computer monitors
- mobile phones
Harrow Council provides a flexible and affordable garden waste collection service. We also encourage home composting and have negotiated some great deals on compost bins. If you prefer, you can bring your garden waste by car to the site, where we’ll process it for you free of charge.
If you have a bulky item to dispose of and you can’t bring it to the recycling centre yourself, you can use our bulky item collection service. It’s ideal for furniture and domestic appliances.
We also accept landfill waste that can’t be recycled and would go in your green or grey bin at home. Please make sure it doesn’t contain any of the above items. Always separate out your waste before your visit.
For details of charges at the Harrow Recycling Centre please see the fees tab.