What can I take to the recycling centre?
When you visit Harrow Recycling Centre, you’ll see that we separate items out by the following categories – each has its own place at the site. We accept:
- anything that would go in your blue bin – plastic, foil, paper, cardboard, cans and glass
- clothes and textiles (unwanted clothes that are still wearable should be donated to charity rather than thrown away)
- fluorescent tubes
- wood and timber
- car batteries
- all domestic batteries, such as AAA, AA, D, 9V
- cooking oils
- motor oil
- garden waste
- small electrical appliances like toasters, toothbrushes, irons and kettles
- large domestic appliances like cookers, fridges and washing machines
- TVs and computer monitors
- mobile phones.
We also accept landfill waste that can’t be recycled and would go in your green or grey bin at home. Please make sure it doesn’t contain any of the above items. Always separate out your waste before your visit.