Disabled Persons Travel Pass (Freedom Pass)
Eligibility for Disabled Freedom Pass
You can obtain a Freedom Pass if you have a disability and meet certain criteria.
Residents of Harrow are automatically entitled to apply for a Disabled Freedom Pass if they are
- in receipt of the higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance
- in receipt of War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement
Non Automatic Criteria
Residents of the borough whose disability has a substantial effect on their ability to carry out normal day to day activities and who have a disability which is permanent or which may last for at least 12 months may be entitled to a Disabled Person's Freedom Pass. To be eligible you must meet one of the seven criteria in the Transport Act 2000, as set out below. Eligible people are those:
- Who are blind or partially sighted
- Who are profoundly or severely deaf
- Who are without speech
- Who have a disability, or have suffered an injury, which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on their ability to walk
- Who do not have arms or have a long-term loss of the use of both arms
- Who have a learning disability, that is, a state of arrested or incomplete development of mind, which includes significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning
- Who, if they applied for the grant of a licence to drive a motor vehicle under Part III of the Road Traffic Act 1988, would have their applications refused pursuant to Section 92 of that Act (physical fitness) otherwise than on the ground of persistent misuse of drugs or alcohol.
Eligibility Criteria is currently part of proposed changes following a consultation on Adult Social Care.
To find out more please visit Adult Social Care Consultation.
Concessionary Travel Eligibility Statement February 2013
Harrow Council Concessionary Travel Eligibility Statement, published February 2013. This statement covers Blue Badges, Taxi Card and Disabled Freedom Passes.
Thank you -
We've noticed that you've given a below
average rating for this page.
Please can you let us know what you didn't like about it: