What to do when you receive a Final Notice
If you are issued with a Final Notice, your account has been in arrears for at least the second time within the financial year. We would have sent you a reminder notice but you will have continued to miss payments or pay after the due date.
Why has a Final Notice been issued?
- Because you have not paid the correct amount of your instalment and on the correct date as shown on your bill.
- Because you have not kept up to date with your payments even after sending a reminder.
- Because your payment had not reached your council tax account when the Final Notice was issued.
Please check your MyHarrow Account or your bank statement to ensure your payment has cleared. If you have checked and can see that you have paid on time then we will require proof of your payment. Please provide:
- Your bank or credit card statement showing where your payment has been made.
- A receipt for your payment made.
- Or any other valid proof that you have to clearly show the payment in question.
Please send your proof and a cover letter to explain what payment has gone missing using the evidence upload form.
What can I do?
When a Final Notice is issued you lose the right to pay by instalments and you will have to pay the full balance by the date stated on the notice. If you do not pay the full balance a summons will be issued for which you will incur court costs.
- Pay the full balance online
- Pay the full balance via the payment line. Tel: 020 8424 1220