What is a Social Enterprise?
This is a business with a social goal, run on business principles. It can include the following:
- Charities and Charities trading arms
- Co operatives
- Development Trusts
- Social Firms
- Community Businesses
- Credit unions
- Intermediate Labour market companies
- Employee- owned Businesses
- Housing associations
- Companies Limited in shares or limited by guarantee
- Industrial and provident societies
Harrow Council's Economic Development Team offer three free pre-start guidance sessions to help develop your social enterprise business plan.
You can then be directed towards further support from local or London based initiatives and specialists.
Annual networking events are held to promote the sector and e-newsletters are distributed to keep you in touch with the latest local and national developments.