For enquiries about business, education, and health and safety
Business related enquiries
- Harrow in Business
Harrow's local enterprise agency providing advice, information and support to people considering self-employment, setting up in, or growing their existing business.
- Stanmore Business Innovation Centre
Are you a start-up business looking for FREE business support? At SBIC you can get free business support when you take up premises. SBIC provides offices, serviced office space, virtual offices and meeting rooms in a professional serviced environment, allowing you to focus on running your business. Through the onsite Incubation Director, you can not only benefit premises, but also innovation and growth business support to help you realise your business objectives.
- Federation of Small Business
Promoting and protecting the interests of the self-employed and owners of small firms.
- North London Chamber of Commerce
The Chamber is a membership organisation offering opportunities to network, gain contacts, customers/suppliers and build the business.
- West London Business
This forum offers business information and networking, and lobbies and represents its interests.
- Gov UK
The place to find government services and information relating to all aspects of starting up and trading. Get help with advice on jobs and training for people who can work and financial help for those who cannot.
- Small Business Service / Revenues and Customs
Official government service, providing advice and information for new and small businesses.
- Register with the Inland Revenue if you are self-employed and with HM Customs and Excise for VAT if your taxable turnover reaches £55,000 a year. Also for information on income tax and national insurance contributions
- Valuation Agency
information on business rates - find out what you need to pay and when.
- Trading Standards
Trading Standards provides advice to businesses to help them comply with the law.
Business education related enquiries
- Harrow College
The college has strong links with the local business community
- Stanmore College
The college provides a comprehensive training and development service for businesses
- University of Westminster
As well as offering a range of courses the University is closely involved in the business
- Learn Direct
Organisation offering online courses in IT, business and management
Health and safety related enquiries
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Workplace Health Connect: part of the HSE this gives free, practical advice on workplace health, safety and return to work issues, for smaller businesses.
- The HSE enforces health and safety regulations and has a website for publications with details of health and safety obligations.