Free childcare for your 2 year old
If your child is 2 years old, you may qualify for a free place for your child at one of our Harrow childcare settings. Find out more in 2 year old funding eligibility criteria. This scheme allows eligible children to receive free early education from the term after their second birthday. The free entitlement is for 15 hours per week over 38 weeks or 570 hours over a year.
Our experience has shown that there are many reasons parents and carers take up the 2 year old offer. You could be planning for college, furthering skills and interests, preparing for an interview, starting a new job, caring for a family member or simply in need of time for yourself. Whatever your reason, below is a list of some of the benefits to both you and your child:
How will this help my child develop?
- Improving speech and language and communication skills
- Extending their play and learning opportunities
- Making new friends with other 2 year olds
How can I benefit as a parent?
- Up to 15 hours free childcare per week (based on 38 weeks of the year)
- A choice of the best borough childcare providers
- Meeting other parents/carers
- Receive practical support for areas such as toilet training and managing behaviour
You can also review our Frequently Asked Questions for 2 Year Old Funding
Contact Families Information Service for more information